For the fourth consecutive year, a group of students of the Professor of Historiographic Sciences and Techniques at the Faculty of Letters of the University of Murcia, Francisco Marsilla, has worked in the inventory and cataloging of the documentary fund of the City of Bullas and the parish Ntra. Mrs. del Rosario.
During this month of July, they have cataloged by sections the different archives that are part of the historical archive of the Consistory, which go from 1694, when Bullas was constituted as a "villa" and became independent from the neighboring town of Cehegín, until today.
Thus, in the 'Chapter Acts' section they have studied the documents from 1691 to the present with their ordinary sessions plus the extraordinary ones.
Also, the section 'Acts of the Permanent' has been created in which a Municipal Commission was created, dealing with the years from 1925 to 1981.
Among the archives there is also a codex with ordinances and instruments of mares, mountains, game and silk of 1746-1788, a dietary of Blas Rafael Marsilla de Melgares, a chronicle with the description of some characters of Bullas, several books with measurement and planimetries of rustic farms within the municipality.
Also, among the findings are the different orders of His Majesty that have not been included in the Chapter books where the brief of his Holiness Clement XIV and Chapter 8 of the Concordat of 1773 is found. And three volumes of a Novissima Collection of Laws from Spain by Felipe II (1805).
This work, which ends today and will continue in winter, is due to a previous agreement signed between the City of Bullas, General Archive of the Region of Murcia and the University of Murcia.
"From the City Council we thank Paco Marsilla and his students for the effort and cataloging work of the municipal historical archive that requires intensive work and that will allow us to work on the dissemination of the documentary heritage of Bullas," said the Councilor for Heritage Cultural, Carmen María Abellán, who wants this collaboration to last over time.
Source: Ayuntamiento de Bullas