The Department of Equality of the City of Bullas promotes the 'We play today to be tomorrow' campaign so that in the list of gifts that Santa Claus and the Magi are asked children can choose non-sexist games and toys .
"When children choose games and toys, a series of recommendations should be taken into account so that diversity and differences are respected without reproducing gender roles or stereotypes," said Councilwoman Carmen María Abellán.
Therefore, from the council they have launched a special campaign on social networks and also explanatory through brochures that offer a decalogue to choose non-sexist and non-violent games and toys.
Therefore, when requesting gifts from Santa Claus and the Magi, it should be taken into account that:
1. Making a good choice of games and toys we are also educating.
2. Be safe, attract your attention and adapt to ages and tastes.
3. There are no games or toys for boys or girls, avoid those that convey that idea.
4. Nor are we pink or blue, colors are only colors.
5. Respect their tastes and interests but don't say yes to everything, help them make a good choice.
6. Select games and toys that respect diversity and differences.
7. Avoid sexist games, toys and video games or that encourage violence, prioritize those that convey respect values.
8. Cooperative games and toys help us think, share, collaborate and solve problems in a positive way.
9. Choose those games and toys that develop all areas without differentiating by sex.
10. Choose stories and / or books that do not reproduce gender roles or stereotypes.
"We play today to be tomorrow" is the motto of this campaign that is already underway.
Through the social networks a video made by children of the municipality will be disseminated thanks to the collaboration of Isabel Espín de la Librería in the Clouds.
Source: Ayuntamiento de Bullas / Foto: archivo